10.19.2011

12:39am

I'm sitting in my kitchen right now. Waiting for this damn cake to finish baking. I've been thinking the past few days about how blessed I really am. I have an amazing family. It's not perfect, but I can honestly say that I love each and every member of my family. We all make an effort to be a part of each other's lives. Each day that I have a conversation with one of my parents, be it my mom, my dad, or my stepmom, I grow a new layer of love and respect for them. My little sister is blooming into her own little person. She has so much personality, and her sarcasm amazes me. I talked to my Uncle the other day. Man am I thankful for him. That's my Ace, my dawg. My nigga. I haven't seen him in over a month and I can still talk to him about anything under the sun. I haven't seen my older brother in a while, but I think about him all the time. Him and my nephews and nieces. Those kids show me how old I'm really getting. Trevor's evolved from "little brother" status to "brother". You know how when they reach a certain age they're supposed to drop the "little" prefix. I'll call him my little brother till I die though, lol.
And my girlfriend. It amazes me how someone can be so much like me, but so different at the same time. It's been a long time since I've had feelings this strong for someone. I just don't ever want to take that for granted. That feeling. It sucks that things are going to change soon, but I feel like everything will be okay. I'm just thankful to have someone that I can share everything with. Someone who gets me and knows me without me having to even say anything. It's a bonus that she's beautiful. Not just hot, but beautiful. Makeup or no makeup, heels or chucks I always find myself gazing like an idiot. I know I'm babbling but I just had to get all of this out. Baking always gives me time to think about things in depth.
I'll shut up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment