2.08.2011

Sometimes I wonder

If my standards are impossible. I always say that I'm single because I want to wait until I find the woman that I feel meets certain criteria. But do you know how hard of a job that is? I feel like that the fact that I am so diverse in just about every area in life makes it very easy for me to relate and connect to women but damn near impossible for women to relate and connect to me (in more than one or two areas).
  For example, I love Jay-Z. Hands down, my favorite rapper, but I also love Kid Cudi, Al Green, MGMT,  The Black Keys, Company of Thieves, and classical music. I would love to be able to find someone that I can have a continual conversation about all of the types of music I like who is not only familiar with the same bands, but is also equally if not more intellectually in tune with the art of music.
  As far as fashion goes, I can wear camo shorts, a v-neck and a fitted all Summer but I love to wear cardigans and destroyed denim in the fall. I also enjoy a nice suit from time to time. I want a girl that can rock Jordans and a snap back today and can wear some dope ass heels and an amazing dress tomorrow. I've always had a special place in my heart for women who can look sexier with glasses than without.
  Personality wise, I want a girl who is intelligent, but not nerdy, sexy, but not slutty, a girl that can pop the occasional "That's What She Said" joke with me, and can make me laugh equally as much as I do her. I want a girl who knows how to keep me on my toes. Doesn't text me every 5 minutes but can make the occasional call before work to say "I hope you have a good day." She knows that I have attractive female friends that are just friends. She has her own friends but gets along with mine just fine. She can go out with her girls while I stay at home and vice versa without texting or calling each other every five minutes. We have our own lives but make the effort to include the other in ours.

Am I saying that there is absolutely no one out there who embodies these characteristics? No. Am I saying it will be a while before I find someone who fits this criteria? Yes. Until then, I play the waiting game.

3 comments: