9.15.2011

Realest Nigga in It.


"Yo, wussup everybody at the Brits [Brit Awards] I'd like to thank you for this award, and I'm sure there's someone who deserves this award more than me, but I just don't know who they are. And I've been working on this thing they've told me about, humble? Humbleness.. Humility? Um, I don't like it, it doesn't feel natural, but I hear it works for a lot of celebrities, and brings them a long way when they act like they don't deserve things..."


That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I love Kanye West. He says exactly what he's thinking, and honestly doesn't give a flying fuck about what you, or anyone else thinks about it. I hate when people say, "Kanye is so arrogant" or "Kanye is such a dick." You know what? I'm sure more than half the people in Hollywood, hell the world, are arrogant dicks but you know what? They all put on this happy, nice guy, I'm so humble, I'm so considerate face so that no one "gets mad" or "doesn't like" them. Fuck that. Like honestly, do you really think every musician, or athlete, or politician, or professional, is honestly that humble? No. Do you really think year after year Michael Jordan won MVP it was a surprise to him? Fuck no. Michael knew he was going to win every year. Why? Because he was the best. He was the best, hands down. Do you think Barack Obama really thought he might lose to McCain? Fuck no. Everybody and their mom had a fuckin' Obama [insert item of clothing] on. Muhammad Ali was and still is glorified for saying he was the best and people want to be mad at Kanye for speaking the truth? I mean, you do the math:

  • 14 Grammy's (36 Nominations)
  • College Dropout: 2 x Platinum
  • Late Registration: 3 x Platinum
  • Graduation: 2 x Platinum
  • 808's & Heartbreak: Platinum
  • My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy: Platinum

The man has a point. I could see if he was Yung Berg, but dude is arguably a genius. Honestly, tell me that you don't like any Kanye West song. I know a lot of you are going to think that I'm dick riding, but all I'm saying is, I don't feel like people should hate on someone for doing what most of us would honestly feel better doing if we didn't care about what other people thought of us. Sure, he does'n't necessarily always go about it the best way but who honestly gives a shit? I commend Kanye because in a world where no one, especially celebrities, wants to have a voice because they don't want to be viewed as a "bad person" or because they don't want to fuck up their money (endorsements), Kanye doesn't give a shit. At the end of the day, his product is great, so he knows he has nothing to worry about. Do you like Walmart? No. No one does. But you go back because it has what you need. Same with Kanye, you may not like him as a person, but the man knows how to write (and produce) a song. 


That's the end of my Kanye rant, I just had to get that out. Goodnight.

1 comment: