5.29.2011

This is Beautiful to Me.

"I was at a restaurant with the homie and the waitress brought out the dessert menu. Note, two men should never order dessert while together. There is no pause long enough or no homo powerful enough to cancel that shit out, but I saw that they had cheesecake on the menu so I ordered it to go. Of course I got made fun of, but it wasn’t for me. “She likes when I bring her shit”, is all I said, and this nigga hit me with a, “that’s gay, you all in love nigga”. Really? Me being in love with a woman is gay? Capri shorts are gay. Waking up at 3am to watch the Royal Wedding is gay. Me doing an act of love for my chick is not gay. It was a joke of course, but there is a lot to pull from his comment. Some men shy away from emotional relationships because mentally they think like a 9 year old. This “no girls in the club house, we’re tough boys” mentality, still handicaps dudes, but there comes a point in your life when you have to let go of the young shit."


From Black Girls Are Easy by way of You Ain't Got No Laser.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, at first I thought you wrote this. I was like, damn... "Trent is strong on his "love game". I need to find someone who thinks independently of their friends opinions, like that."

    ReplyDelete