4.13.2011

Childish Gambino.


No. Your eyes do not deceive you. That is Donald Glover, most famous from the hus show, "Community". Sterlings Woods informed me about this gentleman a while ago and told me to "jump on the bandwagon". I checked out is LP which is cleverly titled "LP" and at first listen I came to the conclusion that yes, dude can definitely spit, but I didn't like his delivery. He sounded a tad nerdy. After a few listens, this track is still my favorite and I still feel like he sounds nerdy, but I think that might just work in his favor. Kinda like it did for Charles Hamilton before he went crazy. I don't know what his lane will be yet but he's definitely too talented to stay under the radar for much longer.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.villagevoice.com/2011-04-13/news/donald-glover-is-more-talented-than-you/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the book things fall apart, that was the moment that I realized that he and I are definitely the exact same person, Gambino for the mother fucking win.

    His deliv. is a little nerdy but that's just him. I'm over it though

    JUSTNORMAN
    YOUAINTGOTNOLASER?

    ReplyDelete