11.24.2010

When the months change

so do my love point of views - Cudi



This is so true. For me at least. I remember being at Chili's with my friends Kami and Caitlen and briefly talking about this.
I feel like my relationships change with the seasons. 
I've always associated Fall with falling in love. I guess it goes back to the very first girlfriend I had... I still remember meeting her, and we didn't actually become "official" until Fall. The feeling of wearing sweaters, holding hands, the leaves crunching beneath our feet as we walk.. I love fall.
I loved  fall.

Winter is when the relationship reaches it's peak. Jackets go on, waiting for the car to heat up. Drinking hot chocolate. Laying in bed and watching movies for hours on end. Watching her face light up as she opens my Christmas gift. The cold air hitting our faces. The New Years Kiss... This is where I want to be. I love it here.

Spring is when little things come up. Nagging. Arguments.. Arguments about stupid shit. Arguments about major shit. You're smothering me. I need room. I need air. Other girls never seemed more attractive. They don't nag.. They don't argue. They don't care. They just wanna have fun. So do I. Where did the fun go? When did everything become so serious? Such a struggle.. Things are so hard.
Summer is when it's over. I can't tolerate it anymore. I've given it enough time. Things are the same. I dread your text messages, and your calls even more. Let me go. Stop making this so hard. You see it too, but you'd rather just pretend nothing is coming. I can't pretend anymore. I can't worry about my family and the other relationships that are at stake. I have to think about myself. I can't go back. I won't go back. I'm sorry. I'm free.

No comments:

Post a Comment