11.06.2010

So I call my little brother yesterday

(he's 18, but I'll always call him my little brother) just to see how he's doing, see how life's treating him and shit, you know.. and he starts telling me about how this week has just been a long week for him. And that's when it hit me. I thought to myself, "Damn, he is really growing up." Like, I knew he was growing up, I mean he gets taller everytime I see him and he doesn't sound like a 12 yr old girl anymore, but I mean he is really growing up. Like, shit is gonna start getting tough for him. This makes me sad because I want things to just stay stress free and care free for him for as long as possible. I don't want him to hafta worry about bills, or hafta work a billion hours a week, or rent, or groceries, or any of that. I just want him to be able to be a kid and have fun forever.
I know it's impossible, but it really made me a little sad. I feel like a parent sometimes.. I want so much for him, all the areas that I fucked up in, I want him to succeed. Sometimes I don't think he grasps exactly how much I love and admire him. He has so much talent, so much potential, so much life to live... I love that kid. He is and will always be my ace. If you're reading this Trevor, I love you more than words can ever explain. Be you, and never change for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment