11.21.2011

Sometimes

God puts us in places to see things to communicate messages that we wouldn't notice or otherwise listen to under normal circumstances because we're either too preoccupied or just too stubborn to listen.
If you keep up with my posts or tweets, you know that my beautiful best friend/sister/future wife Symon came to Texas to visit. So, I left Thursday night for Austin, partied there with Camila and her attractive voluptuous Indian and White friends, then left Friday evening for Houston. First off, Houston traffic can eat two dicks. That shit is horrible, and if you're from Houston God bless you because I don't know how you travel in that shit everyday. It's like Dallas x 20. Anyway, I get to Houston, scoop Symon from the Galleria and head to Falon's to get ready for her dinner. After meeting her rude ass roommate and her ratchet ass roommate, we made our way to Pappadeaux's. I'm gonna skip the fact that Symon, Adria, and I almost died a number of times trying to keep up with Speed Racer and get straight to the point.
We arrive at Pappadeaux's and low and behold, there is Falon exxxtra boo'd up with her boyfriend, Brandon. In light of recent events, I've made every attempt to not be around couples or people engaging in couple-y behavior so I was less than thrilled about being around this extra happy ass couple. As much as I wanted to be bitter, I couldn't. If you could see the aura around these two when they're together, it's so beautiful. Though we were in an intimate setting, it was like they're in their own bubble and everyone else was outside. And as much as I wanted to be, I couldn't be mad at that.
I don't know Falon as well as I know Symon, but one thing I do know is that Falon does not play. If she's thinking something, you can see it on her face before she even says it, and a lot of time she unintentionally has the "boo nigga!" look on her face. In short, if you don't know Falon, you will probably get the vibe that she doesn't like you, or she is about to whoop your ass, and neither could be further from the truth. She's actually a very nice girl. My point is, when she was around Brandon, I don't think I saw her with any other expression than a smile on her face. And it wasn't for show. You can't fake the chemistry that these two have together. I talked to Brandon for maybe 5 minutes while the girls went to the restroom and when Falon walked out, dude was in complete awe. I swear I heard "There Goes My Baby" by Usher when she approached the table. I can't even hate on that. That's love. Like I said before, I don't know Falon as well as I'd like to think I do, and all I know of Brandon is the little time that I spent at the table with him and what I've heard of him from Symon, but you can tell that these are two people that are passionate about each other. This man pulled out all the stops for Falon's birthday. He didn't have to spend crazy money, or get her the world, but it was the time and effort that he put into every detail to make sure that her birthday was special. I love that. I'm in no rush to get a girlfriend but man, when I do I'm going to do all of that and more. It's crazy how I'll think, or write things, and days, weeks, months later, I'll get an actual physical representation of my words. Find someone who is as passionate about you as you are about them. Find someone who appreciates you as much as you appreciate them.
Shoutout to my creeping skills for finding this picture of these two. I left my camera in the car at the restaurant and I didn't get any pics from the actual moment but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment