6.24.2012

Paralysis.

I was thinking the other day about life, about relationships, about how things have gotten to where they are, and how things are progressing toward where they need to be, and I discovered something that I think I've known for a while now. what I discovered is that I'm afraid of disappointing people. I don't think that anyone enjoys disappointing people, but I have an extreme fear of disappointing those that  care about. Family, friends, women, myself. I realized that there have been many decisions that I have made in life, based on that fear. Some solely, some relative, but a lot of things have been predicated on that fear. I don't know how to reverse this, or how to "cure" myself of this; But I've always felt the best way to deal with a fear is to make it public. I'm not sure what the next step is, but I'm making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment