11.25.2012

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be able to settle down. Not just in the sense of a relationship but in life in general. There are still so many things I want to do, so many things I want to experience, so many things I want to see. Yet I feel that in my search for experiencing, doing, seeing everything, I've done nothing. How is this possible? How can one want so much, yet achieve so little? 
I'm scared of being permanent. I'm scared of commitment. I'm scared of keeping promises.
I haven't lived in the same place longer than 2 years since I graduated high school. I haven't dated the same girl for longer than 2 years since right after high school. I've never held a job for longer than 2 years (though I've never been fired or been jobless). How does one become content with staying in one place? Doing one thing? Dating the same person? Is there a name for this? Is there a solution?

No comments:

Post a Comment